how to start a business

Matthew Freeland matthew at mfreeland.net
Wed May 7 01:32:43 CDT 2003

I too would love to contribute to such a business.  I started a company
(www.freelandcomputerservices.com) last summer but haven't had the time to
really make it go anywhere.  I simply called the IRS and got a federal
employer identification number, and this set me up as a business; however,
I know I didn't do everything right.  I have yet to pay my taxes, as I am
so confused, but I'm just a kid.  I really didn't know what I was doing by
opening a business.  I graduate high school in a couple of weeks, so I'll
have plenty of time.  I can design webpages and run servers.  I can also do
networking and linux or windows system admin/setup.  I know visual basic
and have developed in embedded visual basic for pocket PCs.  I also know a
little bit of python and shell scripting and am dying to learn anything
else I can. I mostly would just like a learning experience, though college
is coming up this fall, and I still have quite a bit of money to raise.  I
would love to help in anyway I can!