how to start a business

DAVID KUCHARSKI dave at iemco.com
Tue May 6 21:00:30 CDT 2003

Hanasaki JiJi wrote:

> Would a couple of those that have started business (successful and
> UNSuccessful) be willing to get together with those that are looking
> to do work and share their info / contacts on:
>     - scorp/ccorp/llc ... which did you choose and why
>     - how to incorp
>     - general liability insurance
>     - errors and ommissions insurance
>     - whatever else ..........
>     * please do post any of this info you are willing to share.

As a member of the chronically underemployed classification, I too have
been thinking of finally working for myself.  One resource  I found that
provided a ton of information was the State of  Missouri ( that's where
I live) Government page.

http://www.ded.state.mo.us/business/businesscenter/faq.shtml

is a good place to start.  They list a bunch of questions that you
should have the answers to before you begin.  From there they can point
you to  info about other important services that you'll NEED to line up
-  like accountants and lawyers!  Good Luck and if ALL GOES WELL, maybe
some day soon we can view each other as competitors!! A little friendly
competition is good for everyone involved!