Database driven websites

Patrick Thurmond pthurmond at kc.rr.com
Tue May 6 05:07:32 CDT 2003

       Hey all. I am trying to start building a database driven website
that will be a catalogue for my father's retail business. I honestly
don't know where to start. I have built quite a few websites in my time
but none that are database driven.
       Does anyone have any pointers or know of a program that can help
me out. I need to be able to add things to the database from an
administration part of the site and have customers be able to browse and
search the catalogue with ease. Also it needs to be easy to add items to
the inventory (for my Dad, not all that computer savvy). I am debating
between using an SQL database or an access database. I will probably
hosting it on Angelfire for a little while (I don't have a free PC to
use as a server).

	Well if anyone has any ideas, or suggestions I am open.

-Patrick