kernel presentation at ILUG on Sat.

Hal Duston hduston at speedscript.com
Mon May 5 21:41:16 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 15:53, JD Runyan wrote:
> A quick checking of the kernel.org mailing list archives yields that I am both
> wrong and right.    bzImage can use almost any compression you have available
> to you, and if gzip is it it uses the maximum compression gzip offers.

Can you provide a citation for this?  All my research indicates that the
only compression the kernel supports is gzip.  Gzip is hard coded in
arch/i386/boot/compress/Makefile.  The only architecture that I could
find that appears to support bzip2 is the m68k architecture in
arch/m68k/Makefile .

--
Hal