scsi issue

All About Computers & Web Design all_about_computers at uniteone.net
Mon May 5 15:08:47 CDT 2003

OK ....
I have finally gotten a current distro installed YEA!!!!
i have installed debian 3.0 woody.... i used the rescue.bin and root.bin
that came with 3.0
and all is well...
it has to be the 2.4 kernel because RH 6 USES A 2.2 kernel and
so does debian 3.0

but i think the problem was stemming from the boot kernel that the other
distros
use because i havent found any problems with the 2.2 kernel... i also know
that
potato did not work ... it is very confusing.. i have written the guy who
made the
aic7xxx.o driver but he has not responded to my email as of yet.

i am very happy with debian and i love apt-get... no more hunting for
dependencies
we are so pleased we have ordered the whole 7 disk set...
no more 2.4 kernels for me--- at least not with eisa and scsi...
the nightmare is finally over...
but i will need your guy's help later on to test the security on my box...
i have never used debian before and i need to make sure it is bulletproof...
thanks to: charles, numa, brian, jonathan and rob for all the help..
i think if we all put our heads together there isnt anything we cant do ---
except install some distros on eisa and scsi lmao....
damon