Bad Drivers (was Re: Finally starting preparations for themove...drivers)

Gene Dascher gedascher at multiservice.com
Mon Mar 24 14:55:51 CST 2003

> I've been thinking for a couple of years now that as long as
> manufacturers are
> putting so many computer functions into cars, why not put one in
> that keeps
> track of how often a driver turns without signalling. Such
> information could
> then be sent to the DMV and citations could be issued.

The best idea that I've heard on this subject comes from the comedian
Galligher:

The DMV should issue a dart gun with every driver's license.  When someone
does something stupid on the road, you reach out and shoot the car in the
tail with a dart.  When the police see someone driving around with 10 or 15
darts on his car, he can pull him over and give him a ticket for being an
<expletive>.

Gene