Java guru question

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Sat Jun 21 21:11:01 CDT 2003

L. Adrian Griffis wrote:

>If that's not the explanation, it occurs to me that the message might
>be a little misleading.  It could be that your browser doesn't know
>to trust the signatures, it may be incorrectly characterizing the
>problem as a signature consistency problem rather than simply a
>problem of not recognizing the signing key at all.  Did you have to
>go through any process of telling your browser to recognize a new
>signing key for this application?  I don't know exactly what that

Yes, more acuratley, though, the JRE promted about the certificate --
not the browser. It was a metal Java window that popped up asking me to
approve a certificate from VeriSign.

>In any caes, I think this is not a simple matter of the security
>manager not being configured to permit the same operations by an
>applet.  This has something to do with a check for signatures so
>that the applet could potentially be granted additional privileges.
>The exception is originating in this check of signatures.

So, can I disable that checking via the aforementioned java.secuirty
preferences file?

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.