Re-Routing AOL Mails

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Thu Jun 19 17:28:04 CDT 2003

Give them a taste of their own medicine!

Just get one of those freely available spamming packages and forge the
headers on your emails so they all look like they originated from AOL's own
servers.

:)

- Kevin

                      Adam Davis

                      <ald at dovienya.net>           To:       gphillip at kaiser.aafp.org

                      Sent by:                     cc:       kclug at kclug.org

                      owner-kclug at marauder.        Subject:  Re: Re-Routing AOL Mails

                      illiana.net

                      06/19/2003 11:46 AM

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 gphillip at kaiser.aafp.org wrote:

> I don't think the problem is with non-commercial email clients.  I
believe
> AOL started block email that comes from non-commericial mail servers.
If
> you are  running your own email server with roadrunner, I bet that is the
> problem.  Check out this article on slashdot

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/04/19/2327248&mode=nested&tid=126

Yeah... My bad (and by bad I mean wrong) wording there.

That aside, the problem remains the same =)

Any way I can make my client [Pine] or MTA [Exim] smart enough to send
emails sent to AOL addresses through another server that hasn't been
blocked?

~Adam Davis