Linux PVR

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jun 18 20:26:05 CDT 2003

> I think we've heard from some people who have done
> full-screen, full quality
> capture and playback - with processors available that are
> three times as fast,
> is a single-CPU unit enough these days?  How much CPU do you need for
> full-speed, full-screen video processing?

Doesn't DVD become grainy at full screen? I mean how many pixels are in
a normal DVD picture? I play mine at about half screen, and it is very
watchable. In fact it's better quality than on a TV and I see no delay.
I run on a 750MHz Duron with a 32 MB video card. Once I got the settings
figured out,
with some help from the list, it was very usable.

BTW, this won't post to the list, as I'm having trouble connecting to
the
KCLUG mail server. [Jonathon would you please post it for me?]

Brian