3c59x unstable under mandrake?

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Jun 15 18:43:14 CDT 2003

Is this a 3c595 card?  I have had troubles with those so I always use 509
and 905 cards in my home systems.  At work i have used other 9xx cards like
the 920 and they have been fine.  Have you tried adjusting the power saving
settings?  Maybe have the monitor sleep and the drive spin down, but not
power off the PCI bus.
Brian