rod holcomb rodbrenda.2 at gbronline.com
Fri Jun 6 17:57:12 CDT 2003

I’m at work and am doing this from memory.
I have a Micron Milllenia  Pentium 200  with
sound on the motherboard.

#>sndconfig
is not able to configure the  card.  It says that it can’t write to the device.

By doing a
#>lsmod
I get that the following are all loaded after a reboot:

soundcore
sound
ad1884

After doing a little trial and error I found that
if I use the next two commands the card works fine

#>insmod   /lib/modules/2.4.??????/kernel/drivers/sound/mpu401.o
#>insmod   /lib/modules/2.4.??????/kernel/drivers/sound/opl3sa2.o

Note that the path must be included.

I have alias lines in the /etc/modules.conf  file similar to those above  but they don’t seem to
work.  They are something like:

alias mpu  mpu401
alias opl3  opl3sa2

I have tried these aliases both with and without the path.

Any suggestions about what I should have in /etc/modules.conf to get this card up and running on
its own.

I’ve got a file at home with   dmesg & lsmod  output along with a copy of
/etc/modules.conf.  I thought I had emailed it here to work last night but It’s not here.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Later
rmh