MP3 Appliance program

Kris Bodenheimer numa at thenuma.com
Tue Jun 3 17:24:02 CDT 2003

Seth Dimbert wrote:

>>>On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Kris Bodenheimer wrote:
>>
>>>I found this, and played with it last night, works WAY too well.  (Just
>>>avoid mpg123 like black plague, mpg321 works better).  Figured some of
>>>you all might be interested.
>>>
>>>http://sourceforge.net/projects/musicpd/
>

> Kris,
>
> That looks like a great app. Have you set things up?

Yep, it works great.

  What kind of hardware
> are you using to interface to your stereo system?

I am using a Pentium Pro 200 with a SBLive! Value card, attached to a
12au7 driven preamp, attached to a pair of 2A3 monoblocks, driving 4 Ohm
Horn loaded speakers.

How do you control it?
The app is controlled by the PHP scripts also on the web site, they have
adjustable refresh time, playlist saving/loading/creation.  The ESD
drivers work best with my Pentium Pro.

How
> can we get a web browser integrated to a stereo system?
Just use Apache, I have it set up as the root of the machine, since it
is a mp3 playing only computer.  Basically it is an "appliance".