I've had it

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Jun 2 14:43:01 CDT 2003

Quoting Brian Kelsay <bkelsay at comcast.net>:

> I have been on the kclug list since 1998 and I don't think I've seen so much
> b*tching in all that time.   If you don't like spam delete it.

I've been on quite a while myself, and it does seem that the complaints are
snowballing.  Part of it is the logrythmic increase in spam that everybody
experiences.  The non-sanitized archives are a problem with that, as much or
more than the open posting to the lists.

It's also a matter of there being a growing body of people who have politely
asked for changes in the past, or who've complained, with no response.  When a
new complainer speaks up, they often join him in an attempt at "rabble
democracy" to indicate their support.

As you say, the list is a gift to us, and we should take it rather than
complain about it.  If we fragment the group into other lists, the community
we all enjoy won't be the same.  I'd like to see that avoided, so I hope
whatever happens won't be just a bunch of spoiled kids taking their ball and
going home.