Recording problems

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 21:27:36 CDT 2003

Do you know what mixer you are using?  It is likely that the line level is
all the way down.   This has been the problem for a lot of people with
Mandrake and Red Hat in the past where the speaker level was down by
default.  If you have a Gnome session try to find gmix I think it is.   From
a console or xterm you might try aumix as it has been an old standard.
You might also have a separate mixer for the GnomeMeeting program or the
Sound Recorder program.
There was an excellent article in Linux Journal a few months ago about
GnomeMeeting under the by-line of Marcel Gagne.   Check linuxjournal.com and
it might be online by now.
Brian