Apache.

ismgr ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Thu Jul 31 15:34:18 CDT 2003

v. 2.04-20a on Yellow Dog Linux.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the rpm and whenever I try to start
the service, I get an error.

I checked the error_log and it reports this:

[Thu Jul 31 10:13:45 2003] [alert] (22002)Name or service not known:
mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "atchisonkansas.net"
Configuration Failed

I have no idea how to properly configure Apache, except very basic
things, such as which lines to uncomment, etc.

I kept getting a problem with a lookup problem when the ServerName line
was commented out and it wouldn't start, so I uncommented the line and
it wouldn't startup again, but with a different, general error in KDE.

A closer look at the error_log and it reported what is above.

Anyone willing to shed some light on this to me?

Thanks!

Chris