Printing problems. Continued.

ismgr ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Fri Jul 25 14:13:12 CDT 2003

I tried to follow the directions for changing the permissions on
/dev/usb/lp0 to enable printing to that device and it was a no-go.

At this point, I have no idea what may be wrong.

The device is listed when you do a more listing as the FAQ suggested and
lists the correct device driver (the HP driver).

I am at a loss.

I removed all the devices and redid a new queue with the right driver
under the directions on YDL's site.

Any ideas?

The directions called for a chmod 777 /dev/usb/lp0, so I did that and it
still doesn't work.

It's weird.

The system picked up the device and I didn't even have to tell it. It
recognized it on the card and the "more" output also recognized it as a
usb root hub, if memory serves.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Chris