Printing problems.

Chris (work) ismgr at atchisonkansas.net
Thu Jul 24 06:41:09 CDT 2003

I purchased an HP Deskjet 3320 this evening to setup on this Yellow Dog
Linux machine and was wondering if anyone has run into any problems with
setting printers up with USB expansion cards of any sort.

Kudzu picked up the new hardware and properly identified it, wanting to
configure it, so I let it.

I had previously manually setup the printer via the CUPS applet in
Gnome, on /dev/usb/lp0.

Every time I go to print, I get a "Unable to open USB device
"usb:/dev/usb/lp0": No such device".

My question is can the device be listed in /dev and not be there?

I checked the directory and it is in fact listed in the /usb directly as
stated in the initial setup.

Thanks.

Chris