Shell scripts.

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Jul 17 10:41:30 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 09:01 pm, ismgr wrote:

> Can someone help me out with how to write a shell script that would
> launch an app at startup.  I would like to start Mac-on-Linux ...

There is an X environment file that will do things like that for you, but if
you need it to start at init level you would either append it to
/etc/rc.d/rc.local, or crate a script in /etc/rc.d and call it from .local.
Since it's a simple, one-line call I'd put it in the main script.  Remember
to add a comment so it's easy to find two years from now.