Compressing / Uncompressing

sirsky at lucastek.com sirsky at lucastek.com
Tue Jul 15 07:10:20 CDT 2003

Winzip for Windows can *uncompress* .tar, .gz, and .tar.gz. WinRAR can also
uncompress .bz2 files.  I don't think that either of them can compress to
either of those formats though.

I'd stick with .zip, since that will preserve the file and directory
structure, and can be decompressed in Linux.  Only other option I can think of
at 2am, is to install Cygwin on the Windows machine, and use plain 'ole tar,
gzip or bzip2, since they're all included in the install.

-Lucas

<Forgive the top post - it's late, and I'm a rush to get to sleep...>