AIX Question

Thu Jul 10 19:19:03 CDT 2003

David Holland wrote:
> Hello, I've been asked to determine how fast and how many CPUs are on an
> AIX server.  I done some looking at ibm.com and have only found info on
> tuning CPU use, but not how to tell what the CPU is.    Any suggestions
> are welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>    David
Install aixtools from Bull's AIX freeware site, and install monitor.
aixtools will give you a utility called mhz.  It shows speed.  I can't
remember the best way for processors, but monitor will install monitor,
and top.  run top and press "s" it will display the smp information.
This of course shows the number of CPUs.  If you are running sar to
collect stats, you can also run sar -P ALL, and it will show stats for
all the CPUs rather than the composite stuff.

--
(null cookie; hope that's ok)