FUD

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Jul 9 11:54:45 CDT 2003

Quoting Jason Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com>:

> Would you like a shield with your flaming sword, o' crusader? Get off
> the distro holy wars ....

Spreading FUD about a distribution you don't know anyting about is doing a
disservice to the list as well, I was just trying to clear that up.  I'm no
distribution crusader - anybody who's actually followed my posts knows that.

Yeah, it's cool among a certain cap-worn-backward crowd to dis RedHat because
they're the most successful business distributing Linux, but it's stupid to
spread FUD when RedHat is actually a good solution for lots of users.

If someone has a real gripe with RedHat, we can help them understand or fix it
- there's not much that you can't do in Linux using it as a base.  Just to
gripe that it's a bad distribution, especially if you're not current on using
it, is just as bad as what Microsoft does, and it only helps Microsoft, not
the list.