Debian question

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 14:16:44 CDT 2003

Do you have pkgconfig installed?

 You might try apt-getting pkgconfig first.
I'm not sure why apt-get is not pulling all of your
dependencies. Perhaps some human made a mistake and
left out a dependency somewhere.

GTK does not require pango, nor does Glib. In fact you
will need glib before pango. GTK will use pango if you
have it.
Here is what I would recommend, (not being a debian
expert.
 apt-get install pkgconfig (if you don't have it.),
 apt-get install fontconfig,
 apt-get install pango,
 apt-get install gtk.

You didn't say which package you did apt-get on. But I
am assuming it was pango or gtk. I am guessing that
pango has a broken dependency somewhere, and that is
what is causing your problem. You might also need to
apt-get the X11 package. Again I'm not a debian person
so these are only my guesses based on my general
understanding of packages. In any case before you
install anything else I would *strongly* recommend
installing the pkgconfig package if you haven't
already.

HTH,
Brian