Multihost Mail

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Sat Jul 5 14:00:32 CDT 2003

Lucas Peet wrote:
> I've written a pretty good HowTo on email vhosting with MySQL, Postfix,
> and Courier-IMAP.  It's what I run on my server, and works VERY well.

<snip>

> Here's the link:
>
> http://www.eccod.com/postfix.html
>
> If you decide this is the way you want to go, and run into problems,
> feel free to email me, and I'll do all I can to help.

This looks pretty interesting.  I've currently got something similar
setup using Cyrus IMAP and Exim, but it's on a friends server, and I
need to get back to running my own mail server (just bought RH
Enterprise Linux ES for exaclty this purpose).

I do have a couple questions, however.

- Do you have any utilities (command line, web-cgi, or otherwise) that
can be used to maintain the database?

- Is it possible to setup forwarding for virtual users given the current
structure of the database?  I think this would be done with the virtuals
table, but I'm not yet familiar enough with postfix to grok the config
in your HOWTO (I learned sendmail, qmail, and exim, so RedHat of course
standardizes on postfix <sigh>).

/me wanders off to look into installing RHEL and read up on postfix...

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net