Creating a boot disc for Red hat 7 using dos.

rod rodbrenda.2 at gbronline.com
Fri Jul 4 05:36:39 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 03:43:41PM -0500, Ian Collins wrote:
> Can anyone help me out. I am triing to create a boot disk to install RedHat 7 . The book said to
use the following command in DOS. rawrite-f..imagesboot.img-d a  This command is not working. How
can I create the boot disk from the RedHat 7 disk. I could use the help, I am new to Linux.

> Ian Collins

>From the RH7.0 disk 1 of 3 that I have says the following in file
d:dosutilsrawrite3.doc

Usage
-----

C> RAWRITE

And follow the prompts.  All arguments are case-insensitive.

If the source and destination drives are the same, RaWrite will ask the user
to swap diskettes as required.  Rawrite allocates a large buffer in RAM to
reduce the number of disk swaps.

RaWrite may be aborted at any time by typing ^C or CTRL-Break

You should be able to run rawrite just like any other dos program.
You should cd to the directory that contains rawrite.  If you have the cd
and the D: is your first cd drive then

cd d:dosutils
rawrite

or
rawrite /?        should give you a good idea of what the various
arguments mean.

good luck
rmh