Messed Up Mozilla

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Wed Jul 2 05:42:15 CDT 2003

I installed Mozilla 1.4 tonight.  I downloaded the gzip and ran the install
program.  I installed it in /usr/local/mozilla1.4, thinking that would allow
me to run the new version without interferring with my current version 1.3.

Well, 1.4 hung on me, I think it was when I was switching windows.  I had to
kill it.  I tried it some more, and figured out that one place it was having
trouble was in Mail, pressing "N" to go to the next unread message.  After
hanging and killing several times, I went back to the 1.3 version.  Now it
has similar problems.  It hangs every time I press "N" in mail, and it has
hung in several other places.

Can you think of what I have done to mess up both versions?  Any ideas would
be appreciated.  I'm running MDK 9.1.

Thanks,
Jim

Now using Kmail to IMAP to my KCLUG address.  Maybe it's a sign.  :-0