Data recovery.

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Tue Jul 1 20:08:10 CDT 2003

Chris Wagner wrote:

> At 2:45 PM -0500 7/1/03, Matt G wrote:
>
>> Or, if they're not so damaged...maybe it's just a dropped partitions or
>> something...you can use a tool like GetDataBack and recover the
>> files.  I've
>> formatted a drive, and still been albe to get data off it.  The electon
>> microscope seems a bit of jump at this point.
>>

> Is there a utility for Linux like the fdisk /mbr method?

All that does is reinsert the Windows boot loader. Grub is a boot
loader. If the file allocation names and identifiers are missing, it
will be very difficult to recover it. As Matt said, though, there may
very will be a utility that can recover your data -- I've never heard of
one that works with ext2 but they may be one that works with FAT32 or NTFS.