[OT] Getting a graduate degree

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Fri Jan 31 02:21:15 CST 2003

Who says you can't get experience in Grad school?  Hell, by the time I
started grad school, I already had a paper published, a $350,000
research grant and was writing commercial engineering/data analysis
software for several businesses.  By the time I got out of grad school,
I had 5 years industry experience.  They paid me to go to school, too.
 I agree that if you aren't getting paid to go to grad school, you're
getting a raw deal.  Grad students work _hard_.

So, anyway, I'd much rather hire a person with a graduate degree with
internships and other "in-school" experience than someone with just a
bachelor's degree, but maybe I'm just prejudiced...

So what does this have to do with Linux?  hmmm... data analysis
clustering projects???  I want a beowulf cluster of those!!! :)