PERL/CGI ERROR

Ray Holmes ray.holmes at communitech.net
Wed Jan 29 20:23:33 CST 2003

Oh, sorry, I didnt notice you mentioned your chmod at the end!

Ray Holmes wrote:

> This may sound silly, but check your chmod.
>
> Also a couple of ideas on style, you can use the EOT stuff to write
> raw html:
>
> print <<EOT;

>    <head>
>    <script language='javascript'>
>    </script>
>    </head>

>    etc...
> EOT
>

> or, if you like using the print statements, as I do, use different
> delimiters and you won't run into " and ' nesting problems:
>
> print qq|He said "Hello, he said 'this is a test' "|;
>
> Just a nudge from a maintainers perspective...
>
> Good Luck
>
> Peter Amisano wrote:
>
>> Perl resides in /usr/bin/perl
>> the script is as follows:
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>> #Peter Amisano pamisano at kc.rr.com
>> #CIS 410 Web Development
>>
>> require "project3.lib";
>> &Parse_Form;
>>

>> print "Content-type: text/htmlnn";
>> print "<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>";
>> print "function validate(){";
>> print "var pword; pword=prompt('Enter Password');";
>> print "if
>> (pword!='P6C410V'){location.replace('/perlstuff/project6/wrong.html');}";
>>
>> print "else

location.replace('/cgi-bin/validated.cgi?report=$formdata{'report'}&class=$formdata{'events'}');}";

--
Best Regards,

Ray Holmes
Programmer Analyst
CommuniTech.Net

- Kansas City 2001 Small Business of the Year
- A HostIndex.com Top 15 Web Hosting Company
- Member of the BBB On-Line Reliability Program
- Member of the Web Host Guild & VeriHost