Homeland Security site misses the slammer worm by a hair

admin at kclinux.net admin at kclinux.net
Tue Jan 28 22:22:26 CST 2003

"The United States Department of Homeland Security (www.dhs.gov) changed
its servers over to Oracle on Linux last week, after running on Windows
2000 for several months. Experts say that it is unlikely the change is a
reaction to "Slammer," the MS SQL server worm that rocked the Internet last
week."

That is so sweet.  What an excellent selling point for my clients on
switching to linux.