Is this claim true, or not?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Tue Jan 21 00:44:11 CST 2003

TWCKC/RoadRunner will give you higher speeds than this.

Every system has a bottleneck somewhere.  No matter that your DSL line is
supposedly direct-to-switch, while my cable modem is only direct-to-pole,
they both converge somewhere.

Typically, with RoadRunner you're going to see bottlenecks in the backbone
and at remote servers before you see them on the local loop.  I get uploads
of about 400Kb/sec, downloads up to 3M (3,000K) but typically much slower
because of the remote server.  A system I have that is essentially on the
backbone doesn't get any better.