smtp

david at dacoto.com david at dacoto.com
Sun Jan 19 23:31:20 CST 2003

Well I have another question. I am still having the smtp problem, it
worked for a few times then quit again.
I have set up the account in the following mail clients: netscape,
mozilla, ximian, and kmail and I can usually
send one message and then it dies again. I can recieve all the time
though it is just sending that is giving me
problems. I went to linuxconfig and there was a control service
"firewall" which was set to manual, I killed it
and it made no difference. I have no need for a firewall on the machine
itself do to other measures.

I am completely at a loss any suggestions or even the slightest ideas
here would be great.

I am writing this email on my linux laptop in mozilla mail using the
same account that is giving me all the
problems on my tower. So I know it is a machine specific problem, I just
don't understand what would
let one email through then none after. I did notice that when I did a
restart of the email client it made no
difference but a machine restart would let me send out one email then no
more again.

Thanks, dave