Thanks...and Book recommendations?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Fri Jan 17 19:14:18 CST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Matt Graham wrote:

> Also, I need some book recommendations.
>
> I'm doing a project at school (Senior Project).  We're writing an app
> for linux.  It will need a gui and be able to display images and do some
> minor image manipulations.
>
> I've been looking into using C++ (most familiar) or python (not
> familiar...but impressed.)
>
> Can anyone give me good recommendations on books about linux app
> programming and or gui programming in linux?

I have and would recommend Beginning Linux Programming.  All the basics in
useful bitesized projects.  The C shell, C, and other common useful
environments are shown through concise examples.  Fun for the evenings and
weekends.  Perfect for learning the framework and how everything fits
together in the Linux system quickly.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1861002971/qid=1042830170/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-289860
3-4413654?v=glance&s=books

-=Duane

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150