On my way to KC... a little help?

B. Liggett brad at liggett.org
Thu Jan 16 17:00:44 CST 2003

Blue Springs and Lee's Summit schools are national Blue Ribbon award
winners.  I grew up in Blue Springs and my mother taught in Blue Springs for
27 years and I think Blue Springs schools are top-notch.  Obviously, my view
is slanted but I intend to move back somewhere within the Blue Springs
school district when I have kids.  Blue Springs schools also cover parts of
Independence & Lee's Summit.  Also, the Grandview Triangle construction will
be complete in 2008 so if you can put up with the commute for another 5
years you'll be in great shape!   I also can't seem to bring myself to move
to the Dark si... er, I mean, the Kansas side.

>However...on the other hand, Dave Hull makes a good point.  After a
>year, I'll be starting an MBA program.  Not sure where yet.  Some are
>telling me Univ of Kansas, some say UMKC, and other preach Baker.   In
>that respect, Lawrance is sounding good.
As far as MBAs go, I'm also looking at UMKC.  I received my Bachelors from
UMKC and I thought it was a great campus.  It's a decent drive in and it's
nice that it's just off the Plaza.

> BTW, Brad, why do you go in to work I-70 and come home through the
> triangle?  What part of Ind are you in?  I go in and back Truman to
> downtown to I-35.
Brad, I live just west of Noland Rd off 35th Street.  About 2 blocks away
from the Lipton factory.  I take 35th Street down to where it merges with 40
hiway, then take 40 hiway down to I-70 where is dumps off by Van Brunt Blvd.
The traffic is usually light at 7 a.m.  I drive through downtown in the
morning to stop off on 87th Street off I-35 to get my morning caffeine fix
from Starbucks.  I've always hated the drive home through downtown since I
drove it for many years.  The drive through the triangle for traffic staying
on I-435 doesn't seem to be all that bad in either the morning or the
evening.

Brad