kclug.org redesign

Charles K. Lee II chuckx at cold-sun.com
Fri Jan 10 06:34:09 CST 2003

A couple months ago I started a little project to create a new design
for the kclug.org web site.  I stopped after making a bit of progress and
recently started it back up again.

My current mockup is available at http://www.cold-sun.com/kclug.  I just
wanted to know what you all thought of it.

The page uses a rudimentary PHP based template system (include a header file
at the top and a footer file at the bottom).  All the formatting is done
with CSS.

I made sure that the site looks nice and is easily navigable with a text
based browser such as lynx.  However, due to it's poor CSS support, Netscape
4 doesn't render the site nicely, but it's still usable (I plan on making it
look better though).

Good? Bad? Should I continue the job and start integrating the content from
the actual site?

--
chuckx | Charles K. Lee II
chuckx (at) cold-sun . com