I broke ilug

Brad Spangler brad_spangler at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 04:19:25 CST 2003

Well, we can try looking at it analytically. I'm a
Linux newbie and a non-programmer (for the most part)
- but I work in tech support and decipher previously
unknown error messages for a living.

Real programmers might laugh at my half-arsed
guesswork, and where I'm right I might be re-stating
the obvious, but here goes...

The script "sql_layer.php" has a statement on line
253.

That statement calls some sort of function named
"mysql_num_rows".

There is an argument (a piece of secondary data,
usually in the form of some sort of variable) linked
to that function.

The value that is currently in that variable refers to
a MySQL resource that is not valid - probably because
it is not present after deleting the table mentioned
earlier.

My guess is that something is pointing at something
that is no longer there. Again, I might be re-stating
the obvious. (shrug)

Can you FTP in and download the "sql_layer.php" file
and open it up with a text editor that has line
numbers? Might be a source of more clues...