compiling Redhat8.0 kernel for video card question?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Fri Feb 28 05:05:48 CST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 joecho at everestkc.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still trying to figure that out how to resolve my laptop video card.
> Without X windows on Laptop, that suck, Really!

You don't need to compile the kernel to support the nvidia video card.
You will need the kernel headers as you may need to compile the nvidia
driver wrapper for the specific kernel in your system.

I am familiar with this as I have a geoforce2 card in my laptop and have
tinkered with most kernels from 2.2 to 2.5.  I am free Friday and
Saturday.  Let me help you do this if you have time.  Send me an email and
I can help.

It fustrated me too for a few weeks when I first got my laptop.

I believe you will be most pleased with the performance of your card once
its working.

--
"It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine