New Penguin Time's Finished, I just need help with one other thing

James Colannino email2jamez at covad.net
Thu Feb 27 21:20:13 CST 2003

Well, first of all, after hearing the suggestions of multiple mailing
lists on the topic of webrings, I definately will not be using those.  I
have all my meta tags in place, the site's layout is finished, along
with a nice but compact masterhead logo, a new font (the one that I have
seen on many large news websites) and now I just need to start
collecting content.

That's where my next question comes in.  I desperately need people who
are willing to write articles, tutorials, etc. for the magazine, whether
they be one time contributors or volunteers to be regular writers for
the online mag.  I'm at kind of a stand still.  I've asked many
semi-major Linux websites if they would be willing to announce my site
to the public to help me get an initial following, and so far, the only
response I have gotten (from distro-watch.com) is "sure, I'd love to.
But I want to see some content first."  And I completely understand
that.  It's just that I need to get people's attention to the site so I
can get contributors, and I can't do that without promotion and
announcements, and I can't get that from so far, at least one website,
without content in the first place.  If anybody here on the list would
be willing to submit some content for me to use, it would be deeply
appreciated.  I am more than willing to link to the websites of any
contributors that ask for it, although I admit I would like to keep
everything as clean from ads as possible.  Hopefully I can collect
enough content to put together a first issue, and then hopefully I can
start getting people to come.

Thanks again everyone.

The URL is: http://linuxarticles.gumsole.net

James
--
The New Penguin Times: A New Linux Online Magazine
http://linuxarticles.gumsole.net/