graphics artists?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Thu Feb 27 17:49:51 CST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Jason Clinton wrote:

> It also just occurred to me: If this is a business, "Linux" is a
> registered international trademark of Linus Torvalds. You'd have to get
> his permission to use Linux in your company name or logo.

The story behind that is some asshat registered "Linux" with the USPTO and
decided to start demanding royalties from companies that used its name.
They guy was taken to court, lost, and Linus was given this nice present.

Linus says use your own judgement about using the Linux name:

http://lwn.net/2000/0120/a/trademark.html

--
"It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine