OT: Consulting opportunity

JD Runyan JRunyan.Lists at dms.nwcg.gov
Thu Feb 27 04:50:23 CST 2003

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 20:14, Jonathan Hale wrote:
> This is true... I tried to make a go of it on my own before, but I'm not
> much of a sales person... and really didn't even know where to start...
> now I work for a company that has it's own sales force... and make about
> $16/hr (though, they charge customers about ten times that much...)

I say get your experience, and find someone that appreciates your work.  It is
standard that a consulting firm would charge anywhere from 2-4 times your
pay, not 10.  The rates they charge sound good, but the pay falls short.  I
have been in that situation, and you start to feel taken advantage of.  Then
your work tends to slip.  Don't stay if you reach that point.
--
DeVries's Dilemma:
	If you hit two keys on the typewriter, the one you don't want