what if the rpmbuild --rebuild failed

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Wed Feb 26 19:59:25 CST 2003

joecho at everestkc.net wrote:
> Hello,
> I haven't resolved this issue yet
> even though some good folks gave some advices
> how to configure overwhelmly.
>
> One folk asked me to read REAME on nvidia.com
> web site.
> well, I tried that already, but it doesn't work
> that way.
> If it worked, then why should I bother
> people who are the busiest professionals
> in the world in KC.
>
> Back to my problem.
> I tried to rebuild using
>
> #rpmbuild --rebuild NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191.src.rpm
> #rpmbuild --rebuild NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-4191.i386.rpm
> I got errors like this at the end of make:

<snip>

> Well, it is really tenacious.
> Any comments on this??

Are you sure you have the kernel development packages installed?

Also, I'm not sure if it's a typo or not, but you can't run:
#rpmbuild --rebuild NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-4191.i386.rpm

...which is trying to rebuild a package from it's binary distribution.
You need to grab the source package for NVIDIA_GLX if you want to
re-build it.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net