RedHat 8.0(2.4.18-14) X Windows configuration problem.

Charles Lee chuckx at cold-sun.com
Tue Feb 25 05:00:31 CST 2003

joecho at everestkc.net wrote:
> (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
> (EE) NVIDIA(0): *** Aborting ***
> (EE) Screen(s) found,  but none have a usable configuratioon.

It doesn't look like you've loaded the NVIDIA kernel module.

Do you see "NVdriver" or "nvidia" listed when you execute "lsmod"?

If not, try loading the module using "modprobe NVdriver" or "modprobe
nvidia" (I think the name was changed in the latest version, but I don't
remember off hand, so just try them both).

--
Charles Lee
chuckx (at) cold-sun (dot) com