[OT] KC Independant Media Center and other politics

Jason Clinton clintonj at umkc.edu
Mon Feb 24 17:15:07 CST 2003

The KC Indy Media Center I asked for help with months ago has come
online at <http://kcindymedia.org/>. They're running Linux and Perl for
their CMS and it seems to be chuggin along quite nicely.

Something you should definetly look at while you are there: 42 cities
have already passed ordinances prohibiting city officials from
cooporating with federal officials in any way if related to power
granted under the USA PATRIOT act. A group in KC is now petitioning for
this here as well.

The petition is in Word format right now but I'm working on getting it
posted in an open format. I've printed it off and left it in my break
room at work and it seems to be getting some signatures already -- if
not some head turning.

Please take action!
--
Jason Clinton