libcrypto.so.2

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sun Feb 23 16:44:24 CST 2003

Quoting Duane Attaway <dattaway at dattaway.org>:

> On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, John T wrote:

> > trying to install it to get libcrypto.so.2 which apparently every
> > program known to linux is dependant on. ...
> > running SuSE 8.1 Pro ...

> I have openssl on my system, but I don't have libcrypto.so.2
> anywhere.
> What is dependent on this file?  Is this a redhat system?

I don't think RedHat distributes SuSE8.1 pro...

According to RHN, it's part of the openssl package:

up2date --whatprovides=libcrypto.so.2
openssl-0.9.6b-28

John, the errors look like unresolved dependencies, but in RedHat there
aren't any programs or libraries outside of basic glibc stuff.  Is it
possible that the package or source you're installing from is corrupt
or incomplete?

(You are doing the make as root, right?)