What to do with all of these links

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Thu Feb 20 07:34:40 CST 2003

Kendric,

On 2/19/03 10:34 PM, "Kendric Beachey" <ak at kc.rr.com> wrote:

> Hey, that's great to hear!  Any of youse any good at figuring out how to fix a
> PN installation that has gone haywire?
>
> My box froze solid a couple weeks ago, and only a power cycle would clear it.
> After that, the site is mostly non-functional outside the front page.
> Logging in doesn't work anymore and viewing anything like articles, weblinks,
> reviews, photo gallery, etc. just gets you a page that says "Sorry, you can't
> access this file directly..."
>
> I've looked for corruption in the mysql tables, but all seems OK.  Any ideas?
> The site is http://www.beachey.org/ if you want to visit and poke around.

Are you aware of the error message in the footer of your page? It says:

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Your script
possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3.
Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global
variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can
disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42
or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in
/home/httpd/htdocs/index.php on line 129

I'll be honest: I don't know what that means, but it looks like a fixable
thing. Are you using the latest versions of php, postnuke and mySQL?

HTH,

-SD