What to do with all of these links

Jared Smith jared at trios.org
Wed Feb 19 15:34:03 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:47:15 -0600, Gene Dascher wrote:
>After seeing a lot of these link emails coming through, I had an idea.  What
>if we set up our own personal /. on the kclug.org web server so we can post
>these links out there?  We could use Slashcode http://slashcode.com, unless
>anyone has any great objections.  It all depends on the server that
>kclug.org is running on, etc., but what does everyone think?
>
>Gene

Slashcode is one of _dozens_ of CMS projects. Before settling on
slashcode, consider which package will best meet our needs, ranging
from wiki to forums to slash/postnuke/invision...

I don't know about the current condition of slashcode but about a
year ago it was known as great but overcomplicated coding,
basically kludge upon kludge tailored specifically to the needs
of the slashdot crowd. There is better code out there, designed
from the bottom up for specific flavors of CMS.

You could browse through this list, for starters:

http://www.la-grange.net/cms

-Jared