iland.net ISP in Sedalia

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Feb 19 00:56:25 CST 2003

Quoting Bradley Miller <bradmiller at dslonramp.com>:

> >Anyoone ever done any business with iland.net in Sedalia?

> I've actually worked with them, and toured their facility (1996/7
> time frame).

That's a long time in Internet Years.  I had two or three very good
local ISP's in the dial-up days, only to have the service gradually get
worse and worse, then have them snapped up by some big ugly
conglomerate.  Grapevine was the last one - now owned by a company up
in Iowa (that may actually be part of Worldcom), they still try to hit
me up every so often for three months of hosting after the DNS change
to my current provider went through.  They were so unresponsive to
customers they didn't even know we were gone.  When we started with
them, they were great.

Do any of the major national carriers offer service down there?  I
would recommend them.  Their service quality is usually pretty good,
and even if customer service isn't great, they're at least stable.