Another Newbie Question Regarding Sendmail

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Tue Feb 18 15:09:37 CST 2003

The bout of recent mail questions has prompted me to ask this, despite the
fact that, by doing do, I admit how little I know. Be gentle. :)

Many of you know my history, but it's relevant, so I'll toss it out in
brief: Here at my office, we had need for an in-house intranet website, so I
took an old Win95 box and installed RedHat 7.2. I did not install X or any
other GUI.

Using only the Terminal environment I set it up to serve Webpages. It runs
Apache with the FrontPage Server Extensions and php. It currently serves a
simple in-house website that we access via the machines IP Address and a
phpbb Message Board that nobody has time to fool around with.

I want to know how to get e-mail off of the box.

Right now, when I log in and try to send mail from Pine, the "send message"
sits on 0% until I kill it.

I've got WebMin installed and know how to use it a little... and want to
learn how to make this machine more useful. What I really want to know how
to do is get mail to "autosend" from forms on that webserver, but getting
sendmail to work is (I think!) the first step.

Can anyone help me out?

-SD