Output from "cron" command

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Feb 13 20:26:04 CST 2003

Quoting Joe-Cho <joecho at everestkc.net>:

> I've gotten this errro message to root every time I execute this
> crontab.
> It seems like it has a perl library problem.

I wonder why you're using perl for this, when all you're doing is
executing a bash command.  I suspect that using quote marks would fix
the problem of putting the command directly in the crontab, but so
would making an executable bash script.

Which user's crontab are you using?  This may be an issue if your
script is not executable by the user who's crontab is running.  This
may also make a difference in the path that perl is searching.

(This is why I do all system work as root, not as a user.)