crontab problem?

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Thu Feb 13 18:43:50 CST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Joe-Cho wrote:
> I can excute this  script manually on the current directory that is
> /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/, but if I try on other directory, it complains
> it.
>
> It works fine if I do manually execute this script perl cal.pl
> Any suggestion??

Right off the cuff, I expect this might be a permissions issue.  You're
running it in your shell as whomever you're logged in as (presumably
root) while cron is running it at lower priveledges.

Are there any indications of such in /var/log/messages by chance?
Dustin

--
Decker - CNA, MCP.             |       http://www.dustindecker.com             |