crontab problem?

Joe-Cho joecho at everestkc.net
Thu Feb 13 18:10:07 CST 2003

Hello,

I have a quick question about crontab.
I have a small script that I made. I would like to execute this script every
hour.
I did it on my crontab file like:

5 * * * * /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/cal.cgi >
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/cal.html

It execute the script  cal.cgi every hour.
but the problem is that it doesn't have any content on cal.html
it has zero byte in it.

So, I created a perl script which execute this script.
I named /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/cal.pl

I can excute this  script manually on the current directory that is
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/, but if I try on other directory, it complains
it.

It works fine if I do manually execute this script perl cal.pl

So, I put this script in the crontab like this:
5 * * * * /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/cal.pl

Again, it execute this with zero byte.

All it does inside of the file cal.pl is to execute this comamand like this:

/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/cal.cgi > /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cal.html

Any suggestion??

Thanks in advance,

Joe Cho
joecho at everestkc.net